View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
All major banks in Canada have come out to say that Canada's housing bubble is going to begin bursting this year. Canada has been in a 14 year housing bubble and Toronto and Vancouver have been the worst in terms of how far up prices have gone. Condominium speculative developments have played a large part. They are overvalued somewhere in the 30-70% region, depending upon the condo. I would not invest in Canadian real estate. Not now.
I don't think that's an entirely fair comment, its really that one should not invest in Toronto or Vancouver as they are the highest. But there are still areas in Canada that I think are undervalued...market is quickly catching up. For example, Burlington was voted the second best city in Canada to live in (Burlington, ON) - now it is not really undervalued in my opinion, but its not much of a bubble either...go 20 minutes away from Burlington to Stoney Creek and its actually quite devalued. I haven't really figured out why that is, perhaps demographics and the fact there isn't really much there...you have to drive, but overall, there are still parts of Canada that could represent a good investment.

I would not buy in Toronto though.
Appreciate 0