View Single Post
      05-20-2018, 09:41 PM   #20
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
All depends on where you were. The US E36 M3 has 100 less horse power than the German version.
Yes I wrote that in my post, the Euro e36 m3 (the 1995 version) was the car that had the most head start on its competition imo. Having 321Hp in 1995 was huge.
The e46 m3 is probably better car than the euro e36 m3 (I see it as a refinement of the euro e36 m3 as its tech is based on the same design). But the competition caught up/made quite a leap in the 5 years.

But I could never get used to the looks of the e36. To me the most beautiful 3 series is the e46 and then especially the pre facelift one (and I think all e46 m3's are based on that design?)

But the most special/mythical one is the e30 M3. Having race classes that require homologation models on the street is one of the best thing that happened to both racing and streetcars.
Sadly that type of regulation isnt used anymore in championchips (that I know of).
So many iconic, and inventive (and absurd and quirky) cars have been brought in the world because of this. And a lot in a very small timespan (15 years or so).
In that era so many branches/types of motorsport were thrilling, hard, touchable and speaking to the imagination. And having real race pedigree does so much to the importance a car plays in car history.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 05-20-2018 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0