07-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #13
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooper View Post
XFR is a very likable car, and seems like an absolute bargain. I think the bargain part may only be true if you happen to reside in the UK though.

Anywhere else I expect the XFR to be priced on a par with the M5.
Their US website is junk, but if the car listed on the build page as a "XF 4.2 V8 Supercharged" is the XFR, it looks to start at $64,475. BMWUSA.com shows the M5 to start at $85,500...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I saw one today in Freiburg, and well, the XF is a sick looking car in general, eventhough I prefered the XF-Concept, but I find the XFR is not more noticible than the XF, there are so few defferencies that an average person would not know that it is the XFR and not the XF. Anyway I would take the M5, NA engine and it performes nearly as good as the XFR and the RS6 that are FI. Yet the M5 is pretty old, but wait for the next gen, it revs up till 7K, it is not 8K but still better that other FI. But I think the M5 engine will be defferent than the X5/X6 M engine, it may get up to 600 hp and 700 Nm and even rev till at least 7.5K.
I would be surprised if the next M5 engine is anything but the same turbo v8 in the x5m and x6m, we'll see in due time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by numba1guju View Post
just like jeremy says..."its as good as an M5, PRAISE DOESNT GET HIGHER THEN THAT" ---M5 ftw
I agree, while I have a strong affection for e90 M3's, I almost leased one last x-mass, I'll consider an e60 M5 when I'm back in the market for such a car. For now, I've decided to wait until I pay off the ZHP. It (my ZHP) will become the daily driver once I've made that purchase...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0