View Single Post
      08-14-2023, 12:34 PM   #88
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
If the government wants to give people their student loan money back I'm all for it, as long as it's everyone that has ever had a student loan. And then, of course, pay back all those long hours everybody else put in so they didn't have to get a loan. I'd be good with that.
Agreed! Some of us worked during college and/or looked into the "secret society of college money" and applied for grants and scholarships to supplement working to earn income and paid off our college debt before we graduated. Of course I went to a technical college for two years. I sacrificed then because I knew starting out it would be tough to pay later. I earned a degree in a field that I knew would offer me a terrific platform for employment, and it has. I went to college to gain a skill that would produce viable employment in a field that would support myself and my family. I work in the industrial robotics industry focused on the manufacturing sector and have been doing this for over 34 years. I am fortunate in that I can actually work for myself and make a decent living but none of this would be possible if I majored in a subject in college that had virtually zero chance of obtaining a viable job and establishing a realistic, and financially rewarding career out of it.

Problem with the government giving people their student loan back is that this is a false narrative. The government never gives anything for free. Some one will pay those loans and that will be all of us through higher taxes. I did the responsible thing and worked my tail off for funding and paid my college off before I graduated, never asking anyone to help fund my debt. With respects to all who got loans to go to college, I was never consulted in what the student majored and graduated in so why should I be on the hook to pay back their loan?
Appreciate 3