View Single Post
      01-14-2024, 10:30 AM   #5
DJ Syxx
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Not blocked up, but had carbon build up so again, some brake clean came to the rescue to clean it up:

New O rings for the intake bracket pipes:

Fitted:

The secondary air valves were a different story. They were heavily caked in carbon. You can't strip this down from what I have read so its better to buy new ones.

Brand new ones. Part number is 11727553101 or save yourself some money and buy the genuine Pierburg one from autodoc which is half the price. These come with a gasket.

I wanted to give the injectors a clean up but these needed to be removed from the intake manifold. These were quite literally stuck. With some persuasion and WD40 sprayed down to aid with lubrication, all 8 came out. Years of dirt and grime:

Much better:

New O rings:

Fitted:

Injectors installed back on the fuel rail:

The intake bracket pipes and the secondary air valves were then reinstalled back in the car and the breather pressure hose needed to be fitted. As mentioned these do go brittle and can crack. I ordered one from Autodoc on the basis this may have happened. My original one was in fact fine but not wanting to risk this, I wanted to install a new one. This new one from Autodoc was an Abakus branded one pictured below:

The hose itself was exactly the same in dimensions and shape. However the fittings on the ends are where it falls short. I attempted to push fit these in and and while trying to get these to clip in and hear that click sound, well there was a sound of a break:

Yes the copy part had failed. I wrote up a review on Autodoc to avoid buying it. As it happened they emailed me a few days later asking for further info on this.

So I explained why their copy part was inferior and even sent them a video via youtube where I demonstrated my old original part being able to click in properly to the secondary air valve and this one while it did go in, was not properly secure and would cause vacuum leaks.

To be fair to Autodoc, without me asking for a refund they have kindly gave me one and I don't need to send the part back so fair play on them. I have bought plenty of parts from them in the past and will continue to do so.
Anyway so I bought a genuine breather pipe from Rybrook which took a while but finally arrived.
Appreciate 0