Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
I miss my Jetta. Put 120k. Still the best stick shift I've daily driven. Perfect throw and clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Be nice to the GLI. She loves you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
The new ones -MK6- (dunno if you experienced this silvergray545) have a SUPER long throw, it actually threw me off because I'm used to short throws from the factory. The gear engagement is also very mushy/soft. However, that CLUTCH was fucking fantastic. Impossible to stall.
The gear shift itself is fine. Don't forget, in stock form, the E46 is like rowing a boat. So the GLI feels shorter.

The factory clutch is absolute shit. The clutch feel is garbage. My factory clutch was shot after about 13k miles. For those of you that don't know, factory clutches can hardly hold stock power. I had the clutch replaced under warranty with the factory remanufactured clutch kit. The reman included a beefier pressure plate and a better clutch disc. The clutch feel I have now is perfect. Very similar to the E46. It's held the stage 1+ power now for 34k miles. I'm hesitant to get the stage 2 tune though. I'm afraid I may have clutch issues if I up the power again.
Appreciate 2