View Single Post
      04-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #17
ispeedyi
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E90 LCI 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
The E60 had a long wheelbase version? had no idea. i know they just released the F10 in a LWB specifically for the chinese market. cool beans.
For some reason they love long wheelbase here ( i am guessing it's cuz people usually hire personal drivers to drive the car and the owner enjoys the extra space in the back)

All current E60 and the new F10's are long wheelbase. Audi's A4, A6 are also only offered in long wheelbase..

personally i am not a fan as it ruins the weight ratio of the car and makes them ever harder to maneuver and park in tight parking spaces around the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
Haha..yea in countries like India/China, if you're well connected you don't pay taxes...you get around them at the port and stuff...have your car wavied through, and other items too.
maybe in India, but it is nearly impossible now in China (unless you import to a shady province and pay a lot in bribes), even if you could do it, most likely you won't be able to get the proper papers without even more connections (meaning your car won't have plates or registration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by None=ToBMW View Post
Why is a 530li base model 90k US?
taxes, this is prior to car consumption tax (about another 10%) i think only thailand and maybe Singapore are more expensive + a lot of countries around the same ball park. ( China is the largest car market in the world... the government is making more than the car manufacturers with the amount of cars they import here) 22 - 530L's is chump change

Last edited by ispeedyi; 04-06-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0