Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Fantastic answer, and thank you for the write-up! I don't fully agree on some points that I'd chalk up as personal preference, styling and interior ambience especially, though I have not driven an M850i, only sat in one at the showroom, so my opinions are underinformed and biased.
.....underinformed and biased. Haha. Good one. (Like no one on these forums has ever given an underinformed and biased opinion before However, don't be so hard on yourself. Styling and interior ambience are still personal preferences, as far as I know. As I said earlier, there are no wrong answers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
One other point that might be playing against your friend's M550 in terms of driving dynamics is that the M850i has DHP standard. But it wouldn't surprise me if the 8er is superior even apples to apples. This segment is where BMW really hits its stride and always has historically, sport luxury sedans on long-haul drives. Many great options across the 5, 8, B58, M, M-lite.
My friend's M550 was pretty loaded and had the Dynamic Handling Package. I was only able to drive it about 5 miles on a curvy road - and all below 50 mph. And another 10 miles on the freeway. But I think you are right in saying that the driving dynamics (apples to apples) is superior in the M850. Of course, having 34,000 miles in an M550 already told me as much.

Both fabulous cars.

Last edited by snowbimmer; 05-02-2024 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0