View Single Post
      01-14-2024, 10:53 AM   #19
DJ Syxx
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Last update for this year and a great way to finish off with a nice addition (in my opinion). I had plans to run a different set of wheels and while the OEM spiders look fine on the car, I've never been one to keep to the stock look aside from my old E39.

Liam at CM Wheels was doing a black friday sale. Big thank you to him for doing an excellent deal on these. The wheels I've chosen were something I had taken a liking to and after seeing it on a few other E60's, I felt it would work great. These were also a set of wheels I wanted to replace the spiders permantly.

I decided and went ahead with Strom STR3 in a bit of a bold finish opting for the satin bronze finish. This may split opinions on but I feel it works well against the Sapphire Black exterior.

There is a few different specifications you can order these in with an 11J rear. I wanted to keep my tyre setup to avoid having it more stretched so I kept went with the sensible option as follows.

Front 19x9 ET31 and Rear 19x10 ET25. I think this setup works great on the E60 and plenty wide. The concave really makes these wheels too. I was impressed with the wheel weights. I weighed them and the fronts came in at 11.7kg and the rear 12.6kg. Compared to the spiders, they a good few kilograms lighter per corner. These do need spacers for the fronts with Liam recommending a minimum 12mm but I went for a 15mm which is just right in terms of spacing. I also fitted a 12mm spacer for the rear which looks spot on.

So off to the tyre shop and got them swapped over. The wheels didn't need much wheel weights and balanced up perfectly. Gave it a wash and took a some pictures.

Appreciate 0