Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Electric Car Demographics: 34 Buyer Facts
As electric vehicles (EVs) gain popularity, it’s essential to understand the demographics of their adopters.
Quick Facts About Electric Car Demographics

Majorities of Gen Z (56%) and Millennial (57%) adults favor phasing out production of new gas-powered vehicles by 2035.
45% of Gen X and 38% of Baby Boomers and older Americans favor phasing out production of new gas-powered vehicles by 2035.
Over a quarter of EV buyers are aged 35-49.
40% of EV buyers are aged 18-34.
68% of EV buyers are men vs. 32% of EV buyers are women.
44% of EV-interested consumers identify as Democrats, while 23% say they are Republicans.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, electrified vehicles accounted for 11.8% of total vehicle sales in the US.
Higher-income households (earning over $100,000 annually) account for 56% of EV owners in the United States.
Only 4% of EV owners in the U.S. have a household income of under $25,000 per year.
Urban dwellers, who make up about 81% of the U.S. population, account for 83% of EV owners.
Approximately 29% of EV owners have a postgraduate degree, while only 18% of the general population holds one.
In a U.S. survey, 74% of EV owners stated that environmental concerns were a primary motivation for purchasing an EV.
Government incentives, such as the U.S. federal tax credit of up to $7,500, have a significant impact on EV adoption rates.
80% of EV charging in the U.S. occurs at home, making access to home charging infrastructure crucial for adoption.
Range anxiety persists, with 58% of potential EV buyers in the U.S. citing it as a top concern.
https://motorandwheels.com/electric-car-demographics/

As an educated red neck this seems like a group I would prefer to avoid.
This is why I'm worried my retirement portfolio is not going to be sufficient to keep me fed and from sleeping out in the rain.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 6
eugenebmw1589.50
M5Rick61783.00
TboneS541069.00