View Single Post
      12-09-2023, 09:23 PM   #2215
ImActuallyAParrotNotHuman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 (M40i), prev M235 M2C M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Long story short-- a "nothing" glitch on my EKG turned into four stents to repair four arteries (including the Widowmaker) that were blocked at 80-90%.

No symptoms..... absolutely nothing to even remotely hint that there was a problem-- the cardiologist went through a bunch of tests with different results before doing the angiogram-- THAT found the problems. He basically told me that if they hadn't dug in after the EKG glitch, I would have dropped dead in a year or so.

After a stent installation, as per FAA protocol, you have to have a three month recovery period, then do several tests (including another angiogram) and then you can submit your package to the FAA Cardiac Board for a Special Issuance.

Unfortunately, when I did my recovery angiogram last week, they had to put in another stent. So that resets my clock back to zero.

So now I start all over-- wait *another* three months, then do the testing all over again (with yet another angiogram), and then submit the package to the FAA.

The current time for the FAA Cardiac Board to rule is running at 5-6 months from receipt of my package-- which means that I'm grounded for at least another nine months.... until roughly next September. My last flight was last June, so that'll put me down for 14-15 months.

I miss it every. single. day..... there are jobs, and there are professions.

Being a professional pilot tends to lean towards the profession end.

R.
Ouch. How old are you if I may ask 🤔. So basically you no longer can even get BasicMed?

Well at least you can drive on the track 🚗
Appreciate 0