View Single Post
      11-20-2023, 09:34 AM   #515
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Max's turn 1 was nowhere near dirty IMO, and they kept it clean. And Rus, sorry, but you need to be able to check you mirrors and not turn in on someone. Per had the same happen, but he didnt hit Lec because he had the awareness and knowledge he was going for the move and backed out a bit to avoid the contact.
Max got a 5 second penalty for his turn one shenanigans, so yes, it was absolutely dirty and against racing rules. Period. And to not acknowledge that he drove the first place car off the road and give back the place, and then say "send them my regards" on the radio just reinforces his lack of sportsmanship.

And the only one responsible for "keeping it clean" was Charles. He backed off and went way deep. The only one displaying any sort of care was Charles.

George was technically at fault, no doubt, but sending it inside of George on a corner like that on a street course was unnecessarily dangerous. Max could have just passed him 10 seconds later on the straight, but no. George was either going to hit Max or hit the wall. Again, had Checo done that, ya'll would be up in arms about how dirty his driving style is.

Divebombing through corners is not what I expect of a world champion.

Edit: Max did the same thing to Ocon in quali as well, ruining Ocon's flying lap. He should have been given a grid penalty... Dove inside of turn one so hard that he cut in front of Ocon and went off the out side of the track. And again, immediately gets on the radio and berates Ocon when he was clearly the one in the wrong.

And yes, Charles did the same move on Checo that Max did on George, but Charles was actually clear of Checo by the time the corner came. Max was 2 wide going into really tight corners on a street course. Dangerous.

Last edited by dfox; 11-20-2023 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
3798j11660.50
Davil6601.50